I clicked the link for the CrossFit Surmount WOD blog this morning only to realize that I had posted a blog intended for this site. Oops. I deleted and now can’t recover. It went something like the following:
I woke up from a nap and realized that I had completed 3 reps of HBBS @ 70, 90, & 90 instead of 75, 85, & 95% of 1RM. I worked out with the 5:15 athletes, led by Coach Liz. I successfully lifted reps @ 180, 200, & 225#.
And something about my having a shapely ass.
I worked out with Kelly-May today at 11:45, and the session was led by the always delightful Coach Emily.
4, 5-minute rounds; rest 1 minute between rounds (23 minutes total)
— Power snatches (75)
— Chest to bar pull-ups
— Thrusters (75)
— Wall ball shots (20 & 10′)
This workout has the same format as “Fight Gone Bad.” Complete as many reps as possible for each 5-minute round, resting 1 minute between rounds. The clock does not reset or stop between activities. On call of “rotate,” immediately move to next activity. One point is given for each rep.
Gah! This was tough. My goal was to decrease by no more than 1o reps from first to last round. Not surprisingly, power snatches went well. Also not surprisingly, I was only able to keep a running count of reps, and thus don’t know how many pull-ups, thrusters, burpees, or wall ball shots I completed each round. I do recall completing 15, 13, 13, & 12 power snatches.
Thrusters were the most challenging. I did, however, focus on wrist extension, and that helped tremendously.
I completed 73, 68, 66, & 64 reps for a total of 271.
I certainly wasn’t at the top of my game today, and I almost stopped after completing the 3rd round.
A few things to note:
- I glanced at the clock quite frequently so as to ensure that I didn’t rest too long as well as to ensure that I was working the last 10 seconds of each 1-minute round. This was to build and keep momentum.
- Burpees sucked. That’s unusual.
- Chest to bar pull-ups were the easiest of the 5 activities. That’s unusual.
- Ending each round with wall ball shots was miserable. Miserable. That was worth repeating.
- I achieved my goal, and was quite pleased that I was able to continue completing just 5, 2, & 2 fewer reps as compared to previous round.
- I can’t seem to get excited about the Winter Olympics.
- Clay Aiken is running for Congress.
- My glutes aren’t sore.