What an exhausting day! I’ll begin with a CrossFit Surmount Update:
1. Painted lounge and storage room. Lobby, hallways, and 7/8 of work space already painted.
2. Placed down more flooring and cut many odd-shaped pieces. That’s exhausting! My hands hurt.
3. Moved most equipment onto mats (but out of the way of where the pull-up rig will be installed).
4. Purchased stud finder and discovered that studs are indeed placed about every 2’ apart (and not 4’ like one of the workers informed me). This will make installation of pull-up rig much easier.
5. Perhaps most importantly, received (finally) architect plans for space, as the Town of Apex needs these as the space is changing use.
I attended the 6am session, led by Nikki. I’m happy that it wasn’t too trying of a day.
5 x 5 @ 80% of 1RM
I usually like to work out on my own. As there was an out-of-town visitor, Lisa, new to the bench press and in need of a partner, I volunteered to partner with her. That’s just how nice of a guy I am. Don’t believe me? Ask Lisa.
Congratulations on achieving new 1RM for bench press, Lisa!
While I’ve bench pressed 180 one whole time, 175 genuinely seems like a more accurate 1RM. I completed 5 sets @ 140.
As aside, if you please. I have somewhat of an obsessive-compulsive personality. I have been so involved with preparing CFS for opening that hours will go by before I realize that I haven’t eaten. I’ve probably decreased my calorie intake by a quarter or a half. Uhm, I’m lost weight, and I’m down to a whopping 140 lb. Once things get settled, I promise I’ll gain back the 3 pounds. Promise.
Back to the lifts. Yes, the 5th rep of each set felt heavy, but I never failed a press.
Have I mentioned that I don’t have an “off” button when it comes to coaching? Read on.
- Max rep ring dips
- 10 Ball Slams (30/20#)
- Max rep pull ups
- 10 Ball Slams
- Max rep handstand push ups parallette pass throughs
- 10 Ball Slams
This was not done for time.
I banged my head while painting. Yes, while paining. I won’t provide details. Anywho, I didn’t want to do HSPUs for fear of, well, breaking open the scab on mah head; thus, pass throughs.
I completed 17 strict ring dips. Ball slams are always a rollicking good time, at least for a while. I did a mere 16 kipping pull-ups. Huh? Just 16? I was still enjoying slam balls. I completed 11 pass throughs. Ball slams were starting to be less than enjoyable. We had time, so we all did 2 rounds.
I completed 11 strict rings dips. Damn ball slams. I was bound and determined to complete 20 pull-ups, and that I did. Damn ball slams were beginning to take a toll on my cardiovascular system. I finished with 11 pass throughs. And 10 more ball slams. I was done. D. O. N. E.
Yeah, so about that “off” button. I requested that both Daryl and Tom uncross their ankles when doing ring dips. It’s a safety concern, as if one were to fall off the rings one might break an ankle. Tom was slamming the ball, but not squatting to catch it. I whispered to Nikki, “Tom’s gonna hurt his back if he doesn’t squat to catch the ball.” I think I saw Nikki correcting his form. Hey, she can’t see everything! Sorry if I was overly intrusion, Nikki. I’ll be out of your hair soon. Will you miss me? I’ll miss you. I don’t have much hair.